- The Kobo Forma might have different dimensions but there is no significant screen size increase diagonally (the Forma's mimicking of the Kindle Oasis 2 is described as an 'ergonomic design' by Kobo). Rather, I think some might prefer the Aura ONE's dimensions that give it the feel of an A5 size book.
- Both devices have an identical battery capacity, i.e. 1,200 mAh.
- Both devices have water-proofing.
- You don't get a performance bump with the Kobo Forma as both devices run on the same processor (NXP i.MX6).
- Both devices support comfortLight PRO.
- Both devices have the same RAM (512 Mbytes) and storage (8GB).
Other than 0.2 inches screen size increase, what extra features do you get with the Kobo Forma? Physical page buttons, auto-rotation, a robust E-Ink Mobius screen and a weight decrease from 226 grams to 197 grams. I don't think these extras warrant the Forma's price difference. As I will soon post, I would pick the Aura ONE over the Kindle Oasis 2 too.